Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Us Humans

We love our pets. They become part of our lives and part of the family. When the day comes to say goodbye the emotions ebb and flow,overcome at times and guide us through what can be a rough time. To my beloved dog ,mate, friend ,companion,I salute you and say goodbye. We went through so much and you helped me survive. You were calm when I was distraught.You cuddled and nuzzled me at times where emotions were most extreme ,judgement was waverig,changes were traumatic. Who could believe you were placed in danger this year when the flood swamped our home, invaded our space and floated your kennel away from its key placement. You woke me up and alerted me of the rising water.All action until we stood on the landing watching the choppers rescue our friends and neighbours. To leave you was devastatig and another part of the trauma. Well you made a new friend in Matt even though he was chocolate! You had some new hard case habits. Never bought you enough apples. I have missed you since the flood and will miss you even more now.I had hoped to bring you back home to once again chase the rats and sniff out the appples in winter. Always with me.